The prerequisite gift registry
Your friendship is plenty of gift for us. That said, many have asked where we are registered or registering. First off, know that Tod and I will be moving to Augusta, Maine sometime in June, and the more stuff we have to move, the worse. We're in the process of getting rid of as much as possible with plans to have newer stuff once we get to Maine, so if you'd like to get us wedding gift, we would appreciate if gifts that need to be shipped anyways (like things ordered online) be delayed until late June or early July, when we should be moved to our new home, or gifts that are very compact.
We are registered at the following places:
- Bed Bath and Beyond under Gina Hoang and Tod Detre
- Think Geek
- Our games wishlist from FunAgain Games
Other gifts we would really appreciate would be gifts to help with moving (like a Uhaul truck) and to help us get a new home in Augusta or Fairfield or Waterville. For example, gift cards to Sam's Club would be very handy, since there's a Sam's Club in Augusta. There's also a Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Depot, Kohl's, Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics, and many more big chain places as well as quite a few interesting local places (like ones that sell lobster for shipping or carrying on airplanes!).
For the new house in Maine, we will be needing specific things, like:
- funding to help with the down-payment and mortgage (and taxes, and insurance, and all those other expenses that come with owning a home).
- a front-loading washer and dryer (currently electric is the only option, but we also would appreciate a propane dryer, propane tank, and hook-ups)
- a dishwasher - not sure if we'd want a mobile one or a built-in model, so perhaps one that could be used for either would be good
- a king sized memory foam mattress and boxsprings from Sam's Club
- a dark cherry bedroom furniture (nightstands, dresser or chest of drawers)
- a queen sized mattress or futon for guest bedroom
- a small air conditioner solution for Tod's office (which will likely have swing-out crank windows instead of double-hung ones)
- simple but sturdy wood dining chairs (6-8 will probably be good, and there's some nice wooden folding chairs on the Bed Bath and Beyond registry now)
- a garage or storage shed (depending on what we can fit onto the property).
- a paved driveway - the current driveway is gravel and mud.
Last, if you need even more ideas, here's some items that are not available from sites that offer registries, but that we'd love to have anyways.
- TriniTea from Adagio Teas. Do note, we placed this on the Amazon registry list, but because we adore Adagio, and they're a cool small business, feel free to order directly from them, then let us know so we can remove it from the Amazon list.
- A king sized electric mattress pad. We saw some awesome ones on Bed Bath and Beyond, but they didn't appear to have the king sized one online, and I wasn't too enthralled by the choices on Amazon, either.
- For Tod's home office: 2 19" flat-screen DVI monitors. The ones from Dell are what he uses at work currently.
- Since Tod will be doing a lot of travel between Maine and Ohio, plus we'll be attempting to find a cool new route to the cottage in Ontario, (plus Tod's a geek that loves his toys), we'd like a GPS for his car. Unfortunately, I know nothing about GPS's other than there's one advertised on TV all the time. If Tod researches what GPS units are best, I'll update this site with an actual link or put it on the Amazon registry or something more user-friendly than this vague blurb.
- Last, of course, we'd like a KitchenAid. *grin* Do note, we already have a classic KitchenAid (as well as an antique one), so we'd prefer to have a hefty professional one that can handle really big batches of bread dough (our current KitchenAid can do maybe 2 loaves of bread dough). Honestly, we just think it'd be really cool to have a large capacity KitchenAid, but with two perfectly useable KitchenAids already, this is probably the least neccessary item on the list. I had to put it on here, though. *grin*