What's going on?
Tod and I are finally getting married! As you may recall, Tod and I got engaged on October 9th, 2004 sometime between Grace and Mark's wedding and reception (at least, that's when the ring was placed on the finger... we'd been discussing this whole thing for quite a while under the guise of "obtaining a Kitchenaid." Yes, I'll explain that later. Dispite getting engaged in 2004, after dating since 2000, we had no plans of when, where, or how we'd actually get married. We just assumed it'd eventually happen, and now it will!
Anyhow, here's the vital details in easy-to-scan bullet format:
- Who: Tod Owen Detre and "Gina" Hoai-nam Hoang
- What: are getting married!
- When: May 12th, 2007 (Anything special about this day?)
- Where: Lake Forest Country Club, Hudson, Ohio (Google Map it!) - Alternatively, just take your preferred route to I-80 (the turnpike), exit at OH-8, turn south, and at the very next road (just south of the turnpike), turn left onto Boston Mills Road. Drive 1.8 miles, then turn left at Lake Forest Drive. Drive 0.4 miles, and the country club will be on your left. Valet parking.
- Why: I don't know... it seemed like a good idea at the time...
What else do you want to know?
At the request of assorted people, here's more interesting and/or useful information for you to rummage through at your leisure.
- The story of us
- So what's up with this Kitchenaid thing?
- Hey, I can't read half my invitation!
- The prerequisite gift registry
- What's the frequency, Kenneth?
- Special thanks go to...
- A picture is worth... - our Flickr album
Want to help?
Photography - Quite a few of you are wonderful photographers. In my opinion, you are far better photographers than any random professional I could hire. A lot of you bring your cameras to weddings and take pictures anyways. What would be really wonderful is if you all bring your cameras to our wedding and take pictures of absolutely anything you want. Tod will be so kind as to not try to hide behind his hand or other people, and it would be really nice to have some wonderful photos of our wedding day. I set up a Flickr account and album (as above), so if you use Flickr, that's a wonderful way to get the photos to us. Alternatively, there's email, snail mail, or just talking to us to figure out what would work best. We hope to have a digital photo station where people can upload their photos to one of our laptops, but I'm not sure if that will be set up and functional in time.
Music - Do you like to dance? I need good dancing music (waltzes, rumbas, cha-chas, and maybe even some swing). If there's something you'd like to dance to, contact me before the wedding (the sooner the better) and I'll see about how to get the music from you. We'd prefer to copy directly from the original CD if possible, so we can get as good of a copy as we can, but if that's not feasible but you can get a good quality digital copy of the music and send it to us, that'd be wonderful.